The freight forwarding company Lüders & Stange was founded in Lübeck in 1865 by the merchants Johann-Meno Lüders and
Georg-Wilhelm Stange. This was soon followed by an office in Hamburg thanks to the newly opened railway connection to the city. At the start of the 20th century, the new Elb-Trave Canal,
today the Elbe-Lübeck Canal, became home to offices and a warehouse as well as agencies for shipping companies in which Lüders & Stange had a share.
G.W. Stange left the business early on and operations have been in the hands of the Lüders family since. Pay-Andres Lüders has
been managing director and liable partner since 8 August 2016, together with the managing directors Sascha and Jonas Conrad. Some 30 employees take care of overseas business, equipment
packaging and customs clearance issues.
The subsidiary Lübeck Distribution GmbH focuses on port handling, particularly breakbulk and heavy items, plus ship provisioning
of non-food products as well as logistics for the retail trade industry.
Thanks to our membership in an international logistics group, the Marco Polo Line with 441 members in 95 countries offers additional, comprehensive services in supply chain management.